Quality Control Manager (QC Manager)
For short term (12 month) military construction fueling project at U.S. Military Base located on South East Coast – candidate must have minimum 10 years construction related experience (as Project Superintendent, QC Manager, Project Manager, Project Engineer, OR Construction Manager) on a military installation.
QC Manager Candidate requirements:
Education: Graduate of a four year accredited college or university program in one of the following disciplines: Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management, Engineering Technology, Building Construction, or Building Science. Years of experience may be substituted for education, if the experience is heavy in fuels construction.
Must have a minimum of 2 years of work as QC Manager on similar projects, and must be familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1, and have experience in the areas of hazard identification, safety compliance, and sustainability.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Assigned QC Manager at the work site to implement and manage the QC program. The only duties and responsibilities of the QC Manager are to manage and implement the QC program on this Contract. The QC Manager is required to attend the partnering meetings, QC Plan Meetings, Coordination and Mutual Understanding Meeting, conduct the QC meetings, perform the three phases of control , perform submittal review and approval, ensure testing is performed and provide QC certifications and documentation required in this Contract. The QC Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating the three phases of control and documentation performed by the QC Specialists, testing laboratory personnel and any other inspection and testing personnel required by this Contract. The QC Manager is the manager of all QC activities.
Job Qualifications and Certifications:
- An individual with a minimum of 10 years combined experience in the following positions: QC Manager, or Project Engineer on Military aviation fuel construction, maintenance or repair contracts.
- The individual must have at least two years’ experience as a QC Manager for military or USACE projects. The individual must be familiar with the requirements of EM 385-1-1, and have experience in the areas of hazard identification, safety compliance, and sustainability.
- Strong oral and written communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with project management tools including advanced MS-Excel and MS-Project Manager
- API 653 and/or API 570 certification, and Undergraduate degree in Engineering or related field considered a plus
- (company partial paid) health insurance, company paid life insurance, holidays, and optional benefits for life insurance, Short and long term disability, dental, and vision insurance.
Please respond in confidence via e-mail – See apply button below
Construction Project Superintendent needed for construction projects throughout the United States. Minimum 10 years construction experience in Civil/Sitework/Concrete construction REQUIRED. Candidate should be familiar with government contracting and management of subcontractors. Candidate must be able to write and speak English. All resumes submitted must include current work history, and contact information for previous employers. Benefits include (company partial paid) health insurance, company paid life insurance, holidays, and optional benefits for life insurance, Short and long term disability, dental, and vision insurance.
It is through the Superintendent’s efforts of effectively working crews, organizing work, integrating a culture of safety, and scheduling subcontractor’s activities to work in unity with each other, that maximum profits are attained.
- Field Pay Estimate – Agree on percent complete monthly
- Update Project Schedule Weekly/Monthly
- Conduct Weekly Coordination Meeting with Owner
- Conduct daily crew briefings – tasks and safety
- Coordinate with Subcontractors
- Coordinate material deliveries
- Manage Equipment onsite – Owned and Rental including maintenance
- Hire and Dismiss Employees
- Conduct Counseling Statements
- Coordinate with Office Administrator for Invoice/Time
- Assist in Negotiations and Preparation of C/O’s
- Maintain Jobsite Photos
- Enforce/Monitor Safety
- Maintain Morale of Crew
- Maintains relations with Owner
- Problem Solve and Remove Roadblocks in Construction Process
- Report and monitor production reports/rates
- Coordinate with Quality Control for submittals and testing
- Oversee preparation of daily production reports
- Coordinate with PM to insure EEO goals and small business goals are met
- Position project for OUTSTANDING EVALUATION
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- An ability to thoroughly understand and follow plans and specifications in the construction of project with proficiency in the installation of fueling projects.
- Thorough knowledge of construction techniques and the imagination to derive the most efficient method of completing a task.
- Foresight to predict problems before they develop.
- A conscientious attitude towards controlling job costs and adhering to progress schedules.
- Ability to communicate our plan and sequence of activities to all subcontractors and material suppliers to effectively implement our goals.
- Knowledge base for major laws pertaining to construction including EEO, FARS, Hiring Practices, OSHA, Environmental, Base Regulations, DOT, etc.
- Competent person in four focused areas of safety to include: Confined space, fall protection, lock out/tag out, excavation, and scaffolding. STS certification required.
- Knowledge of equipment capabilities and general operator skills
- Must be willing to travel and/or relocate to project site(s).
No phone calls.
Interested candidates should email their resume, including any applicable professional certifications, to Shirley Howard, Human Resources Manager, Reliable Contracting Group, LLC. at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Apply Now button below.
Women, minorities and/or veterans are encouraged to apply.
Reliable Contracting Group LLC. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and E-Verify employer. All qualified candidates will receive full and fair consideration for employment. All applicants and employees are protected from unlawful discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other category protected by applicable law.